Packing Notes For the Lodge
- Bedding and towels are provided.
- Something to wear in the sauna.
- 'Slip-on' footwear. We request that you remove your outdoor shoes while in the lodge.
- Warm, layered clothing to adjust for changing coastal weather.
- Beach stuff, camera, binoculars.
- Cash or cheques. Hornby Island Diving accepts credit cards but many other island businesses do not. Canadian currency is appreciated but US dollars are also accepted.
- Pop, beer, wine, etc, if desired.
- Out of consideration for our own pets, and for your fellow guests, please leave your pets at home.
Packing Notes For Diving
Full personal dive equipment, including:
- Log book & certification card.
- 7mm (1/4") two-piece wetsuit, or drysuit, with hood & gloves,
- Automatic buoyancy compensator device,
- Bottom timer,
- Regulator with pressure & depth gauges and an alternate second stage (octopus),
- Spare parts kit.
A light is highly recommended. It adds a lot to your diving experience by bringing out colour and allowing you to explore crevices and underhangs.
80 cu. ft. aluminum tanks, and weights are included with your charter. You are welcome to bring your own tanks and weights if you like. You only need to bring ONE tank because we come back to the lodge for fills between dives.
Nitrox and argon fills are available.
Rental equipment is available with prior arrangement.