Hornby Island is renowned for its scenic rural vistas, beautiful beaches, plentiful wildlife and mild, pleasant climate. Island residents are known for their relaxed, friendly and artistic nature.
Hornby is full of possibilities...as beautiful above the water as it is below.
Services and Amenities
- Grocery store, gas station, liquor outlet, ATM (5 km/3 mi from the lodge).
- Convenience store (right next door to the lodge).
- Medical Clinic.
- Restaurants, cafés & pub.
- Shopping for locally made products at the Farmer's Market.
- Hornby Island Outdoor Sports provides mountain biking rentals, parts, sales.
- Hornby Ocean Kayaks provides kayak rentals, lessons and tours.
- Beautiful beaches for swimming and exploring.
- Extensive trail system for hiking and cycling.
- Local architecture at the Community Hall and other public buildings.
- The Recycling Depot, Hornby's world-famous solution to responsible waste management.
- Shopping for locally made products. Hornby is especially well known for its beautiful arts and crafts such as pottery, clothing and jewellry. Many working studios are open to the public.
- Fresh, locally grown produce is available at several market gardens.