Hornby Island Diving is located on two acres of property at picturesque Ford Cove, Hornby Island in British Columbia, Canada. On the property is our guest lodge and tank fill station, along with our home, garden and workshops. Our dive boat is moored just steps from the lodge and all of our dive sites are located within 15 minutes of the harbour – great for diving, sightseeing & marine tours. Our tank fill station offers air, nitrox, argon and mixed gas fills.
Scroll down for more facility information and photos.
Our lodge is comfortable but simple. It is bright and cosy with lots of skylights and great views of the ocean, mountains, sunsets... It is an ideal space for groups of all sorts, so in addition to divers we host conferences, workshops, and retreats.
- Most rooms contain two single beds. Four rooms have double beds.
- Washroom facilities are shared (one shower and two toilets located on each floor).
- Wifi internet and good cel reception.
- Heated drying room.
- Gear rinsing and storage area.
- Camera workstation with outlets for charging batteries.
- Workbench with tools.
- Library of diving books and videos.
- Delicious, healthy, homemade meals are prepared by our experienced cooks.
- Meals are included with your package from dinner on the night that you arrive until lunch on the day you depart.
- If you have food allergies or special dietary requirements, please notify us before you arrive.
Our dive boat was custom fabricated for us and divers love it! It is also ideal for marine tours exploring the beautiful Hornby Island area.
- Welded aluminum hull and superstructure.
- 35' length, with 10'6" beam.
- Forward cab and covered area for protection from the elements.
- Tank rack with seating (accommodates any size tank, twin tanks or rebreathers).
- Swinging door and stable ladder placed forward for easy entries and exits, away from motors.
- Grab rail at water level.
- Twin 150 hp Yamaha 4-stroke outboards that are quiet, clean burning, and fuel efficient.
We can fill yoke and DIN style tanks to 3500 PSI, with capability for air, nitrox, argon and mixed gas fills. Our air is regularly tested for purity.
We have a workbench stocked with tools and useful stuff like Duct tape that you are welcome to use. (You should bring your own spare parts kit specific to your equipment).